How to Make Your Car Last
Keeping your car maintained not only keeps it running efficiently, it also makes it last longer. If you’re looking to make sure your car lasts a long time and that it remains reliable, follow these tips.
- Take care of your tires. When your tires become worn you should replace them as soon as possible. Worn tires affect fuel economy and make your drivetrain work harder to maintain balance and acceleration.
- Get regular oil changes and change the oil filter. Regular oil changes allows your engine to continue to perform efficiently.
- Clean the air filter on a regular basis. The air filter protects your engine from dirt and debris. A clean filter allows your engine to breathe easily and protects it from damage.
- Keep your clean. Dirt, bird poop, and more can wreak havoc on your car if left to sit for too long. A good wash and detail will go a long way in preserving your car’s paint and keep it looking good.
- Get your wheels aligned when needed. Potholes and bumps in the road can cause your tires to get off balance, which causes uneven wear. Perform this service to keep your wheels lined up.